Monday 6 December 2010

JYC 2010

Day 6: A tale of 2 Christmasses

Before you, I woke at 7 to see my presents. This year, I'll wake at 3 then want to sleep in.
Before you, there were two stockings at our fireplace. This year, there are three, with room left for more.
Before you, I wanted our Christmas alone, just us two. This year, I want to share it, and you, with our families.
Before you, I worked over Christmas or New Year, or both. This year, I'll be at home to celebrate, all day & all night.
Before you, Christmas was a holiday, time to relax. This year, it will be all go, all the time.
Before you, I asked for books and pretty paper and luxury goodies. This year, I'm asking for frying pans and graters and practical things (although there's some pretty paper coming too, courtesy of your Dad).
Before you, Christmas was becoming a let-down, stressful & pressured. This year, I'm determined to make it fun and carefree, just for you.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments: