Friday 8 February 2013

On cultivating a good life and recording it

So if you don't know what that title is about then the first thing you need to do is head over to Becky Higgins' Project Life website, cos she can explain it so much better than I can!  There's a great introductory video here giving you the basics behind the system and the goodies can be found here.  And that, as Becky would say, is all you need to document the little, the lovely and the life-changing things that happen in your life.  But were you to google project life or search Pinterest for some more ideas, you'd be overwhelmed by the beautiful albums people are making.
You might remember back in April 2012, I decided to jump on the Project Life bandwagon, creating a side a week about our lives and their little details.  I'm amazed to say that I completed my 2012 album just this side of the New Year!  It's a great book to look back through and see how things have changed over the last 12 months.
I had a bit of a think about what I want to include, how I want it to work for me and what was holding me back from achieving those things.  I love doing a side a week and adding inserts for bigger events.  Printing at home works perfectly, no waiting for anything!  Having a preselected bunch of stash to use makes the process much quicker and simpler.
I don't want to print eight 4x6 photos every week.  In fact, I want to use more paper and smaller prints when I can; printing at home is great but it's reasonably expensive.

I think I want to combine my regular pages and my project life spreads in the same albums this year.  Using my bigger pages to focus on beautiful photos, special moments or bigger themes that aren't highlighted enough in project life.
So my Christmas present from Andy was a Seafoam core kit with monthly dividers and some smaller divided page protectors.  They arrived toward the end of January and I've been using them to catch-up on our New Year happenings.  I think there'll be a few more inserts this year - I love the inspiration I'm finding on instagram looking at all the things my friends get up to.

P.S. I can't believe I've been away so long.  I know it's only just over a week for you but I'll let you into a secret, I scheduled those last three posts, so it's been longer for me.  I love getting my thoughts down on "paper" and I hadn't realised how much I missed it.

Oh and I haven't forgotten about those Christmas posts - there's one coming up next!

No comments: