Sunday 17 February 2013

On the third day of Christmas

Some people love Christmas movies.  Some people love Christmas food.  I love Christmas music.  It really gets me in the mood for the season.  This year, I heard a bit of Carols from King's and it was so beautiful!  I have a few Christmas-y albums; A Very Ally (McBeal) Christmas, The Number 1 Christmas Party Album, Love Actually (the soundtrack), Amy Grant's Spirit of Christmas.  And this year, I bought Carols from King's and Michael Buble to the list.  Andy bought the Crash Test Dummies Christmas album, it includes the creepiest version of Jingle Bells you've ever heard!  And a really cool Good King Wenceslas too.
My favourites are O Holy Night (Night Divine) and I Don't Want A Lot For Christmas (Mariah Carey, or the kid from Love Actually, I'm easy).  But to be honest, it doesn't really matter if it's classical, pop, swing or rock, I'm a fan of the songs that make me feel like Christmas.  And if the downside is playing Jingle Bells on repeat for a month, and listening to Isaac sing along, well that's a small price to pay!

No comments: