Wednesday 26 March 2008

Ok, today is my last half-day as I'm finishing this job next tuesday and will be back in the land of hospital shift-work! Don't be too sad for me, it has it's perks. There's a week of shifts when I'll be working 5pm-9pm only; sounds like fun to me. But this afternoon is just for me.

I finished tidying the junk piles in the living room yesterday (ok, so now they're all in the study, but they're sorted at least!) so I'm planning a gym trip, a supermarket shop and some dedicated me-time. Probably on the sofa with New Adventures of Superman playing in the background (you know the one - Teri Hatcher and Dean Cain - I spent most of my teenage years pining after him and the guy that played the mountie in Due South. I had a sad life. I still do really.) - I'm addicted! Maybe I'll go upmarket with a bit of West Wing, maybe not!

Anyhow, trashy tv and my lovely new scrapbooking journal. It's a lovely paperchase A5 softback with a purple paisley fabric cover. I've been looking for a reason to use it for ages but nothing's seemed quite right - especially cos the pages are plain. I usually write stuff on loose sheets but then I lose them so it would probably be better to collect everything together. What to write? Well that's easy - I have too much to choose from:

  • overlooked blog challenges
  • Shimelle journalling challenges
  • Shimelle's home prompt 3 - producing a minibook about homes of friends and family - since I'm on a stash budget I can't afford to buy book rings and chipboard this month so I'm going to plan ahead and get the photos and everything else sorted so I can get going when I do have the money, probably next month! (which is another reason not to feel sorry for me - my pay goes back up when I start back at the hospital!)

That's enough to be getting on with, isn't it?

No comments: