Sunday 19 February 2012

On documenting life

I've toyed with the idea of doing Project Life this year, mostly because it involves buying new stash and I'm a sucker for buying things.  In the end, I decided that I don't have time, as evidenced by the fact that I've just finished documenting August 2011.  I will say that we've been fairly busy with this whole 'family of four' thing for the last few months and only just climbed out of our little bunker.


I have some friends doing Project Life, and I'm looking forward to seeing what they produce over the year, but I've decided to focus on Document 2012.  This year I want to capture more of the everyday and the stories, rather than just the events we attend.  I love how my friend Leanne blends the two in her Document 2011 album.  I just need to remember to print the random photos and write the stories, which would be easier if I assembled the pages as the year went along instead of working 6 months behind.  In the spirit of which, I've finally sorted a system for collecting ephemera and I'm moving my Document notebook down to the kitchen to make my life easier.  And I've borrowed a suggestion from a PL blogger; I've started December's pages while I still remember (most of) the little things!
On a slightly different note, we're just back from a lovely weekend at my parents' house to celebrate my birthday.  I love this photo of me and the kids - I don't appear in enough of my family photos!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome! Love that picture too!! Xx