Tuesday 28 February 2012

On the proper order of things

I'm making great progress with Document 2011 and I am so pleased with the latest pages I've made for this project!  As I mentioned before, I've decided to work backwards to try & keep the journalling and memories fresher.  I've finished December and almost completed November so I have some new photos to share with you today.


December - Wintertime, Echo Park.  Winter, a new boiler & new tyres, a friend to stay, registering the baby, visiting work people, Isaac over the month (including a new toddler group), a Christmas party, pottery painting, life group dinner, first haircuts (with corrupted photos, sob!), a month of sickness and Anna over the month.  I added a double page spread of 4x6s to cover Christmas in between the usual 2 middle pages this month.  It's pretty much all photos with a little bit of journalling and embellishing on each one for context.  And our focus for the month?  Andy turning 32 on the 22nd.
 The memorabilia envelopes contain some of our Christmas cards and wrapping paper samples.  Also a sachet of bread sauce (cos my brother and his wife are a little crazy) and Isaac's first craft from Twinkling Stars.  Or mine, depending on how you look at it!
 I love that little mug sticker and it fits so well with some journalling about meeting a friend for coffee.  We talked so long that Andy thought I'd gone AWOL.
 We had the best time at Lollipops pottery painting cafe.  Isaac really got into the hand-printing and Andy loved the mug we made him.  I used that photo of Anna for her birth announcements - more on that in Document 2012!






These two pages face each other and show shots from our Christmas.  The journalling mentions where we were for each bit.


I'm really pleased with how this month turned out - I especially like the focus page with all its little embellishment clustering.  I'm also embracing the pretty paper party motto of use that stash!  As someone said recently, if the paper sits in a pile then you won't get to look at it, whereas if it's on a layout...


I've just realised that I haven't blogged June, July or August (though they are all complete).  I will catch up with that soon, I promise.


And one last picture - I love love love this layout, which is the focus page for November.  I just have to do my memorabilia page for that month then it's all finished.
I have used up all kinds of lovely things I have had in my stash for ages on November's pages.  I've been trying to find a place for that birdie ribbon forever!  And the little metal bird & heart.  I love this paper collection too - I bought it when I thought it was amazing but I struggled to use it so it got hidden away.  Now though, I love it again and I'm planning on using it all up on another couple of layouts and some cards.


Now I just have September and October to scrap and Document 2011 is finished.  Apart from the title page and some sort of concluding layout.  But other than that!

No comments: