Sunday 1 July 2012

On yummy mummies

The lovely Leanne tagged me to answer these yummy mummy questions.


What is the first thing you do when you wake up?
Since March I've been mindfully making my devotional reading the first thing I do on getting up.  I've made a deal with myself that I won't read anything else until I've read that day's devotions.  I follow a reading plan through the Bible app on my phone; they have loads to choose from and it's really helped me to finally get in the habit.  After that, I check my social media (I am such a geek!) and have shower.

Do you shower daily? Are you an early morning shower or evening bath type?


I shower every morning, and wash my hair.  I kept this up all the way through both my pregnancies, even though I was working full-time.  It wakes me up and gets me started for the day.

Do you wear make up daily?

Not usually.  I did at one stage, just powder, mascara and eye-shadow usually, but I just haven't got the time or inclination right now.  I'm quite comfortable with the way I look for day to day stuff.  I do put a face on for special occasions though as I have really obvious pores and a tendency to shiny-ness!


What's in your make up bag?

Ummm... *runs upstairs to check!* Max Factor Creme Puff powder, Rimmel eyeshadow in brown, Max Factor eyeshadow in aqua and plum, Max Factor Masterpiece mascara in rich black and brown/black, Max Factor Lipfinity lipstick in pink and L'Oreal Color Riche Star Secrets lipstick in Beige Aishwarya.  Plus a hand mirror, eyeshadow brush, nail scissors, nail clippers and tweezers.  Oh and half an emery board that my son has stolen, again! 

When you're having a slummy Mummy day what do you normally wear?
Actually, I'm usually dressed.  My day-to-day maternity leave uniform is jeans and a jersey top, though I'm trying to dress a bit less like a student and a bit more like a grown-up these days.  If I don't shower and dress, then I tend to feel a bit scummy (and a scummy mummy is not good!).  My slummy mummy days involve food out of the freezer and ignoring the housework!


Nails – how often do you get them done?

Once in a blue moon!  I think I've had 2 or 3 manicures in my life.  I do a mean french manicure for myself though, I even did my own nails for my wedding day.  My mum bought me some posh base and top coats for Christmas so I went out and bought some pretty sorbet colours for the summer.  I wore them for a couple of weeks but my fingernails starting peeling and cracking so I've been resting them.  I love to paint my toenails though, they're currently pink, having been coral last week.

Your top tip for tired eyes?
Get more sleep!!


How many children do you have/want & why?

We're so blessed to have 2 beautiful children, a boy and a girl.  Every time we've said, we'll have this one and then see what happens next.  I've always wanted 4 children; an even number (cos someone gets left out with 3) but more than 2.  Anna is nearly 8 months old, and I don't think I'm done yet...


Where is your favourite place to shop for babies/children’s clothes?

I either love or hate Next, depending on the collections they have in.  I really like M&S for basics (like babygros), smart outfits and pretty dresses.  I can usually find something nice in Mothercare, especially for my daughter.  In fact, my favourite item in her wardrobe at the moment came from there and was only £7!!

Flats or heels everyday shoes are?
Always flats at the moment.  I have a pair of really comfy brown Sketchers that I've had for about 6 years and I live in them in the winter.  When the sun comes out, I love my jewelled flip-flops.  For work, ballet slippers in pretty colours.  I do love my heels and have a small but beautiful collection that I wear on special occasions.

No comments: