Tuesday 26 August 2008

Wow! Time flies!

I've just realised it's been a month since I last posted! I'm a very naughty blogger! I haven't even got a good excuse.

Been on nights since Wednesday last week. Had a couple of good nights and got about 2 hours sleep each. The other 3 weren't so good though - one of our babies decided to go off at about 2am... all three nights! Managed to catch up on my sleep on Monday though. Spent most of the afternoon asleep on the sofa. All tucked up in a blanket provided by my lovely husband!

In a post-nights frenzy, and in anticipation of my first ST1 paycheck, I went a little bit mad online. All I wanted was some little chipboard birdies. A Maya Road tin with birds and branches to be precise. Which got me thinking about chipboard in general and minibook covers in particular. So I ordered some A4 chipboard sheets from Sarah's Cards and some new AC 8.5x11 cardstock fell into my cart along with some new Thickers. I got puffy, glitter and foil! Very exciting. But they didn't stock the birdies. Scraprevolution do stock the birdie tin... and to justify the postage cost, a few more packs of Thickers and some acetate sheets got chucked in.

Then this morning, I was thinking about lace cardstock - I love that stuff and I don't have enough of it. So I've got a few sheets of that for good measure.

We drove to Nottingham to look at carpets, wallpaper and kitchens (more on that later) today. And what's in Nottingham? Hobbycraft and The Range! Couldn't believe the range at The Range! I needed some acrylic paint and found a tote to go with it too. Plus a circle cutter and some lovely lovely Sharpies!!

So all in all it's been an expensive week! And now I have no money to spend until at least the end of September!

BTW, just so you don't feel sorry for him, Hubby got a toolbox and some speakers for the car to play with. He's not as hard doneby as he'd like you to think!

1 comment:

Claire said...

Sounds like you desearve all the lovely new stash, you've been working hard! Looking forward to seeing it on some LOs xx